Each of the chakras in the body is paired with an endocrine gland and governs its function. So before we go any further, here are each of the chakras, their corresponding gland, and their function:
- Root chakra (1st) — Reproductive glands (testes in men; ovaries in women); controls sexual development and secretes sex hormones.
- Sacral chakra (2nd) — Adrenal glands; regulates the immune system and metabolism.
- Solar Plexus chakra (3rd) — Pancreas; regulates metabolism.
- Heart chakra (4th) — Thymus gland; regulates the immune system.
- Throat chakra (5th) — Thyroid gland; regulates body temperature and metabolism.
- Third Eye chakra (6th) — Pituitary gland; produces hormones and governs the function of the previous five glands; sometimes, the pineal gland is linked to the third eye chakra as well as to the crown chakra.
- Crown chakra (7th) — Pineal gland; regulates biological cycles, including sleep.